Thursday, May 10, 2007

Do we want this kind of attitude leading our district?

Many of you might have read about the allegedly threatening voicemail that John Bailey (husband and campaign manager of District 8 City Council candidate Sharon Bailey) left a resident of Curtis Park after being contacted about the Bailey campaign's alleged illegal placement of campaign signs.

Well, now that the District 8 city council race will be decided by a pending run-off election between Sharon Bailey and Carla Madison, I was even more interested in learning whether the voice mail in fact existed.

And it does in fact exist. I was fortunate enough to finally obtain a copy of this voice mail last week, and I have to say, while it isn't as dramatic as I had expected based on what I had read, to me it still shows extremely poor judgement and a level of intimidation that reinforces my apprehension about what style of leadership Mr. and Mrs. Bailey might espouse if elected (You're getting 'em both if Ms. Bailey is elected folks, just like Billary).

I encourage anyone planning on voting for Ms. Bailey to send me an email so that I can provide you the opportunity to hear the voicemail and be your own judge whether or not it warrants consideration when deciding who to vote for.

Thanks for reading--And whomever you're supporting in the upcoming run-off election, get your vote counted!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it's not the kind of leadership I want.

I agree, it doesn't foreshadow good things should Ms. Bailey be elected. Thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

I am the Curtis Park Resident that received the voice mail. I'd be happy to speak to anyone about it. The most important thing right now is to get the word out about Sharon Bailey's behaviour and encourage people not to vote for her. I am obviously supporting Carla Madison because I believe she is the best candidate, and her husband never threatened me. The author of this blog can get in touch with me if you like.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, if what people say is true (that she's just running so her husband can pull the strings) that recording doesn't suggest he'll play nice.

If she's so smart she should get herself a new husband.

Anonymous said...

Carla came out for our neighborhood clean up this last week, and supposedly will be helping with the neighborhood safety survey the next week. She's always in our neighborhood, which I think is encouraging.

Where in the world is Sharon Bailey?

From what I read, probably out illegally placing campaign signs or beating somebody up that pulled one out.

Anonymous said...

Um, hello people, let's stay basic here--Dr. Bailey is ignoring the law that stipulates where one should post these campaign signs. You can't drive a block in Whittier, Cole, or Park Hill without seeing fifteen of her signs glomming up the medians and right-of-way.

She's clearly trying to get the uninformed vote--Those that don't have a clue (nor care) about the issues.

Can't blame her for that, but she should play by the rules.

And I don't want her trash (pun intended) leading our district. Let's hope Carla Madison has been aggressive enough to garner enough of the "informed" vote to keep Dr. Bailey out.

ColeMemoirs said...

Thanks for reading Jackie, and everyone else. I hate to make this blog into such a political forum, but that's what's on my mind right now, so oh well.

Just spent an hour and a half pulling illegally placed campaign signs out around Cole, Whittier and Park Hill. The score? I yanked 15 Bailey signs and only found 1 illegal Madison sign. Oh, and there were at least five more Bailey signs I left in the ground so I had something to call the city about tomorrow, including signs in front of parks, the Manual High dog park, and several medians.

I'm tired of her garbage too. I have enough garbage to pick up already without her help--And she's supposed to solve our problems, not contribute to 'em.

My wife made a good point last night--That at least we know the homes that we see Madison signs out in front of, we know they ASKED for the signs and as such are likely to turn out, whereas most of the Bailey signs were placed there by big-bad-John and often times in front of homes that don't strike me as the ones housing engaged, active community members.

Anonymous said...

Where did your post about the stickers go?

ColeMemoirs said...

I removed the "sticker-gate" post as I thought it was too negative--and now, irrelevant honestly given the fact that Ms. Bailey lost the run-off election.

However, here are the contents of that post--Basically an email sent to me from another District 8 resident:

"The Bailey campaign has a new tactic - stickers. These 3" X 4" blue and white vinyl stickers are appearing on both public and private property. I peeled eight off the gas pumps at the 7-11 on the corner of 18th and Downing last night. Watch for this latest graffiti-like assault on RTD bus stops, traffic signs, and private property of all types. Neighbors should report this defamation of property wherever they find it -- and continue to question whether a candidate that employs these guerilla tactics is one worth having as our next City Councilperson."