Monday, November 03, 2008

Another house improving on the block?

Workers just spent the weekend putting a fresh coat of paint on one of the remaining "problem houses" on our block. The owner of the home is trying to sell the house, in an obviously challenging market.

The paint job was much needed--Here's hoping it helps him sell the place to some responsible home-0wners that are yet another brick in the increasingly solid foundation of our neighborhood.

For those of you keeping score, that is five houses and a duplex that have been fixed up on our block since we moved to Cole in fall of '05... Very encouraging!

3 comments:

kt said...

Hi there - I just kind of stumbled upon your blog. I also moved into the Cole neighborhood in 2005 and have been very happy with the changes I've seen. There have been 4 houses sold and remodeled on my block in the last year or so and the people that have moved in are great! I'm planning to get more involved in the neighborhood and look forward to reading the rest of your blog. :)

ColeMemoirs said...

Thanks KT. Welcome to the Barrio and here's to continued improvement.

Anonymous said...

Wish my block was changing as fast as yours. :(