Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Newsflash: Blackberries and Club Dynasty Out, Kiva Coming Back

Just got word from a friend involved in the leadership of one of the neighborhood associations and it sounds like Blackberries and Club Dynasty are out at the old Tosh's building on Downing Street. Can't say I didn't expect this. My best guess was that they would go out of business before February.

More interesting, is it sounds like Kiva is coming back... with some scaled back hours, but with pretty much the same concept, menu, etc.

I know I've been a bit hard on Kiva previously, but I think this is great news. Especially after seeing what other enterprises could occupy that building, I am pretty thrilled that Kiva will be back, and wish them the best.

I also hope that they learned from some of their shortcomings so that they will be here to stay with some better menu items, and a sustainable business plan.

Welcome back Kiva Restaurant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprise, surprise. Blackberries isn't going to make it? Never saw that coming.

Anonymous said...

That's great news! I really liked Kiva.