Monday, October 15, 2007

Tagged

I went out to the dumpster in our back alley this morning to find several dumpsters and the back of three residences (including ours) tagged with gang-related graffiti. I don't know (nor do I care) what exactly it all meant but is was some "East Side Tre Tre" bullshit. What a bunch of losers.

I've already painted over most of it, but I just wish these guys had better things to do than deface a freakin' back alley.

Does this mean there is new gang activity in our neighborhood? Who knows, it's been pretty tame lately, I know that. I don't think this activity was due to a few "wannabes" like one of our neighbors (who hasn't removed the similar graffiti from her house, despite the fact it showed up around three months ago) thinks.

But it's not like we're unique in our gang problem. I traveled this summer to Montreal and Vancouver and saw a lot of gang graffiti there. There was even a gang-related shooting in downtown Vancouver the night I was in town. Canadian gangs? I guess they exist too, eh.

4 comments:

ColeMemoirs said...

I finished painting over all the graffiti about noon yesterday. Came out our garage around 5PM and the tagger had returned to tag a dumpster again.

He obviously didn't know that I'm a stubborn bugger with three gallons of dumpster paint! I immediately re-painted the dumpster he descrated again.

I thought for certain I'd wake up this morning to even more graffiti, but so far so good.

Is this guy someone that lives on our block?

Anonymous said...

He'll be baaaack, unfortunately

Anonymous said...

You're doing the right thing, and it will work. They won't be "baaack" if it gets too frustrating, in my experience. Hello from Curtis Park!

ColeMemoirs said...

Thanks for reading. So far so good. Now it's off to paint dumpsters in the alleys to the north of our home where the situation deteriorates badly!!!