Saturday, September 22, 2007

Quiet night!

My wife and I spent the entire evening last night on our front porch--How quiet it was! No police helicopter, no sirens, no drug buyers or sellers, no hookers, no "drama", nothing! I don't even think we saw a police car all night.

Quite a change from what our block used to be like, and very welcome progress. And to be this quiet on a Friday? Amazing. I hope the evening was similarly quiet and safe for other blocks in the area.

Heck, it was way louder and sketchier than this over in Highlands (where we couldn't afford to buy a house)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a pleasant weekend and very quiet. Things are definitely changing for the better over here and faster than many parts of Whittier and City Park West even.

ColeMemoirs said...

Thanks for reading. How did you find this blog?

Unknown said...

BTW, my current blog is over at Live Journal, Lady_Corbin. Plenty of stuff about the "new" house, some about the 'hood.

I bought the house after sitting on the porch during the inspection. It was so quiet. Few cars, people walking, etc. Yes, it has had its moments here, but I like it.

One night was not so quiet - I actually got propositioned! In Spanish! I don't speak Spanish, and at first I didn't know what he wanted. When he pulled the fifty out of his wallet, it wa suddenly very clear.