Monday, February 22, 2010

Missing "Pitt" Bull

Just got back from the Fuller dog park. Anyone noticed the signs up about the lost "Pitt Bull"?

Now before I get started on this topic, let me say that I think Pits can be wonderful dogs, and I'm sad when I hear that anyone has lost their dog. So if it's your dog, and you are a responsible owner and love your dog as much as I love mine, I certainly hope you find it.
But I find it potentially unwise to advertise that you lost an illegal breed dog at a Denver city-funded facility. Not worthy of the Darwin Awards but potentially could result in the reduction of the Pit Bull gene pool by at least one dog, if the city finds the dog first.

But then again, it actually was a "Pitt Bull" (with two "T's"). Hmmm, what's a Pitt Bull? A breed from Pittsburgh? Or is this some weak attempt to hide the dog's real pedigree? I can picture the breed description now.

"Originally bred to guard steel mills, the Pittsburgh Bull Terrier has been bred over time to be a loyal family dog with an affection for Primanti Brothers Sandwiches and Heinz Ketchup. Common health issues include joint problems and heart attacks due to a diet primarily based on Primanti Brothers Sandwiches."

No comments: